Monday, March 3, 2014

Reading Friday

It's Reading Friday  Monday on the blog--whoo! My reading goal for the next few months is to read as many books by Teen Book Festival authors in anticipation of the Festival which is May 17th at Nazareth College.

I always envision myself pulling a Chris Farley when he met Paul McCartney with authors when I meet them. I find if I read their books ahead of time, at least I have something to talk about, rather than be all like, "Remember when you wrote a book? That was cool..."


Currently, I am reading Proxy by Alex London. I'm 3/4 of the way through it and I absolutely love it! London creates a believable future where people are indebted from birth in order to afford health care, data streams and education. Syd Carton is a proxy; that is, he is indebted to a rich family. The family has a son Syd's age, named Knox. Whenever Knox misbehaves, Syd is punished. When Knox kills a young woman, Syd is to be punished for the crime. However, circumstances throw both the young men together in an exhilarating plot that has kept me reading past my bedtime each night this week (except last night, when I fell asleep face-first into the book. It has been a rough week.).

I really enjoyed London's character development and watching the relationship between Syd and Knox grow throughout the novel.

I am looking forward to reading the sequel--Guardian--when it is released May 29th. I am also looking forward to fangirling over meeting Alex London at TBF in 74 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment