Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My New Years Resolution

I know it's a little late to talk about New Years Resolutions. After all, most people have gone through and quit their resolutions by now.

I believe that the whole thing with resolutions is that you have to set out every day to do them and if you fall off the wagon, you get back on the next day.

So, my resolution is to spend less time online. I will still be blogging, as I see that as a creative outlet, but I am spending less time going through my Facebook newsfeed, my Twitter feed, Pinterest, etc.

And what I am going to do with that time?

*  Read a book. I've often lamented that I don't have enough time to read. I am unplugging and reading more. I can finally catch up on my giant TBR list and the tons of books sitting on my shelves at home.

*Learning new embroidery techniques. I've been cross stitching a lot more. There are some techniques I want to learn.

*Make cards for people. People like receiving hand made cards, I've found.

*Hang out with people--face to face. Instead of being insular and stuck to the screen, I want to see my friends more.

This resolution is going to be difficult; after all, I've spent the last four years of my life scrolling through my news feeds and living vicariously through others. But now it is time that I live my life.

Anyone want to go for coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment