Thursday, January 23, 2014

Reading Thursday

I've been quiet the last few days. It's not that I don't have stuff to write about--I've been busy reading (my New Year's Resolution) and am involved in projects at work.

I have tried to do posts called "Reading Friday" which give a rundown of what I've read as of late, but I'm inconsistent. *shrugs* It happens. So I am going to do "Reading Thursday" today. Here's a list of the books I've read since my last reading post:


Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett. If you don't read Terry Pratchett, you should. His characters are hilarious, yet they accurately portray human nature. I loved this book!

Croak by Gina Damico.  Lex Bartelby is shipped off to her uncle's house in the Adirondacks after she caused havoc at her school. Could her behavior have to do with a family trait that Lex shares with her Uncle Mort? A fun read. Gina Damico is going to be at the Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival in May.

The Lord of Illusion by Kathryne Kennedy. I'm a sucker for fantasy romances. I read them and then I complain to my husband about them because I get disappointed. While I loved the premise of this book--Elven Lords have taken over England during the Regency era--the plot fell short about 2/3 of the way through. Having said that, I will try another one of the author's books because I enjoy the premise.

Cold Calls by Charles Benoit. Benoit has a gift in writing suspense. I really enjoyed this book because I had to keep reading to see what happens--I kept guessing at what the characters had done and how they would react. Highly recommend for people who like mystery.

So, dear readers, that's my run-down of my reading for the past month.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment