Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Open (Love) Letter to 90.5 WBER

Dear 90.5 WBER,

I admit: it was my fault I strayed. It's not that I so much like all the classic rock; I just like, like maybe 3 bands, and I thought that flipping wildly through all the classic rock stations would allow me to listen to the 3 or so bands I like. Honestly, I wasn't happy in this relationship. I only caught a snippet or Rush or Zeppelin between too much Journey and Aerosmith. Also, the Rush or Zeppelin or Floyd they played were the same songs. I know these bands have a more extensive discography.

Anyhow, I spent the last few years just flipping through, not really listening or loving the radio. However, that changed this morning. I was heading from Wegmans where I picked up my healthy snacks for the next two days, to my job and you played Henry Rollins' "Liar". To steal a line from The Perks of Being a Wallflower, in that moment, I swear I was infinite.

I love the fact that you play such a mix of different music. I like New Wave Wednesdays because I feel like I should be whipping out my jelly bracelets and hairspray and it puts me in such a great frame of mind for dealing with the day. Also, I like Spotlight Review. Just what you do is awesome, WBER. Know that.

When I listen to you, I feel like I have been reunited with an old friend. Thank you, WBER, for being you.

Love,

Kim

P.S. What is the title and artist of the song that talks about taking one's heart out through the sternum? This song has been the subject of conversation during coffee with my friend Zums the past two days. I think it sounds like Beemo from Adventure Time sings it, but that is because I am obsessed with Adventure Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment