Thursday, October 3, 2013

So it occurred to me on the drive into work this morning that the reason why I don't update my blog is that I made it too narrow: to focus on fitness and wellness. I feel that if that is all I write about, the blog will become boring and self-righteous.

It's time to open this blog up to other aspects of my life: my family & friends,  martial arts, books and reading, all things library, my craft projects, cooking and my obsession with the band Rush.*

If you are following this blog, and I know at least one person is checking in daily, you will be treated to all things Kimmie. If not, well, then... :-)

Also, NaNoWriMo is coming up very soon. I don't know if I want to actually participate by writing a novel again. I did last year, but crapped out around Day 18 because my inner voice told me the novel was stupid, not going anywhere and I needed to make cross stitch ornaments for Christmas instead. Instead of committing to NaNoWriMo, I will commit to a blog entry a day. 

* I like lots of other music besides Rush. In fact, I'm listening to the Talking Heads while I type. I just happen to listen to a lot of Rush and have seen them in concert many times and have a sort of shrine to Geddy Lee on my desk at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment