Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Him She Loves?!

When I was a tween, M.E. Kerr was one of my favorite writers. I loved Fell and Dinky Hocker Shoots Smack! This is why I was disappointed when I pulled the above book from our collection. While Kerr's other books circulate, this one hasn't.

I think because if one judges this book by its cover, one would assume that it is not about real people, but those creepy mannequins at the Old Navy.

Also, as was pointed out by a coworker, it appears as if the girl mannequin is driving a table. Also, it appears that they are driving this table in the middle of the ocean or a lake or some other large body of water.

Maybe this really isn't a work of realistic fiction: maybe it's a future earth covered with water because the polar ice caps melted.* The future is ruled by the creepy Old Navy mannequins who somehow because sentient and capable of love. They are driving their table on the ocean as part of a romantic date because this book is really a dystopian underwater mannequin romance.

There. I just invented a new genre. Watch out, publishing world!

* Yes, I realize I am borrowing from Kevin Costner's Waterworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment