Friday, November 15, 2013

Judging Books By Their Covers

Sometimes, I don't need to add commentary to rather unfortunate book covers. They just...are.





Alien Secrets by Annette Curtis Klause is a book for teens. It might be the best book ever written, but none of my students (or myself) will read it. I don't think it ever circulated in the 15 years it was in the library. Having said that, I do love the look of joy on this alien's face:


Coping with Date Rape and Acquaintance Rape is outdated; this is why it made the discard pile. We have better resources on the topic.
I really am put off by the fact that all young men are portrayed as "the devil". When really puts this cover over the edge, though, is the devil's tail. Just...wow.

FYI--I am out of town next week and will update as I can.






No comments:

Post a Comment