Monday, December 16, 2013

Cats, part the Second, or Where I Expose the Tabby Cat Lobby



Not too long ago, my husband and i came up with this concept of the Tabby Cat Lobby. Tabby cats are very vocal, at least the two I've had in my life. I think somehow this translated into the fact that tabby cats have a powerful lobby where they petition the government for things like kitty treats, longer naps and lower inheritance taxes.*

We figure if the Tabby Cat Lobby combines forces with the NRA, it would be the most powerful lobby in the US. Plus, the idea of crabby tabby cats with guns is a little scary.

I have been building photographic proof of the Tabby Cat Lobby on my Pinboard, Tabbyspotting. Here you will see tabby cats with some of the most famous people of the world.

Am I paranoid? You bet. Our tabby sleeps next to me at night. Who knows what she could be thinking?

*This is a reference to Cats, Part the First, where I posit that those little old ladies who leave all their money to their cats when they die--those cats invest in a PR firm that promotes cats as clean, smart animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment