Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas songs, part one

I love Christmas music! Really, I do. I like to listen to it in the car while I'm driving through falling snow or I'm baking or doing something crafty. I can divide it into two categories: songs I love and songs I love to hate. Today, I post the top five songs I love:

1. The Christians and the Pagans by Dar Williams- This is my favorite holiday song. One reason is because the message is awesome: let's put aside our differences and celebrate together. This song makes me so happy!

2. Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano- This is a fun song. I have fond memories of my dad dancing around to it when we celebrated Christmas growing up.

3. Mele Kalikimaka by Bing Crosby- Again, I have fond memories of my dad dancing the hulu whenever this came on the radio.

4. Suzy Snowflake by Rosemary Clooney- My poor kid thought it was "Trumie Snowflake" as I sing it that way. Trumie is our cat, Truman. However, my kid and I both agree that the whistle in the song is delightful.

5. We Wish You A Merry Christmas- John Denver and the Muppets:
Gonzo: Now bring us some figgy pudding, now
Miss Piggy: Piggy Pudding?
Gonzo: No, FIGGY pudding, it's made with figs
Miss Piggy: Oh
Gonzo: and Bacon
Miss Piggy: What?

There are many more Christmas songs that I love, but I thought I would limit it to my top five.

Tomorrow: The top five Christmas songs I love--to hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment