Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My joke

About a year and a half ago, my son wanted me to unwrap a piece of Laffy Taffy for him. If you eat Laffy Taffy, you know that there are jokes printed on the wrapper.

And I totally read the joke wrong:

Q: What did the egg say to the kitchen counter?

A. I've got a lot of problems.

Apparently there were two jokes on that piece of taffy ---the one where the egg tells the kitchen counter it "cracks it up" and the one where the math book and pencil talk. Having said that, the combination of the two jokes has become existential and hilarious. Also, I maintain that "I've got a lot of problems" is an uncomfortable and awesome punch line to your regular run-of-the-mill jokes.

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?

A: I've got a lot of problems.
***

Q: Knock, knock.

A: Who's there?

Q: I've got a lot of problems.


I think I have a future in comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment